Welcome to our home
Now open, Maplewood Court is a luxury, purpose-built care home with 72 private, en-suite rooms. Individual care plans are tailor-made to meet each resident’s personal needs, supported by our dedicated team of highly trained staff. Superb facilities and a diverse range of daily activities make Maplewood Court a beautiful place to call home. We’d love to tell you more. Talk to us now.
All inclusive living
No need to worry about unexpected bills. The fee you pay at Oakland Care is all-inclusive, covering:
- The costs of your 24-hour personal care
- Your accommodation in a fully furnished en-suite room
- Utilities such as heat and light, as well as Council Tax
- Food (breakfast, lunch and dinner), snacks and drinks, including wine and house alcohol at mealtimes and events
- Telephone line rental and UK calls
- Housekeeping and laundry undertaken on the premises (excluding dry cleaning)
- Television licence, for personal use
- Wi-Fi connection
- All in-house entertainment and activities and local outings
- Use of the home’s recreational facilities
- A personalised physiotherapy assessment that also considers pre-existing conditions
- Chiropody (once every 8-12 weeks)
- Hairdressing (once per week)
- Social outings
Meet the Maidstone Team
General ManagerI qualified as a Registered General Nurse in 1994 and began my career in general medicine before moving into more acute cardiac services working on Coronary Care. I then became a Cardiac Research Nurse before moving into the private sector and working as a Clinical Nurse Adviser and Field Manager before moving into Elderly Care in 2007. My ethos in my role is that with great teamwork and collaboration, we can achieve anything for our residents and their families, and every single staff member contributes to the success of the home. Our residents are at the centre of everything we do at Maplewood Court.
Senior Client Relations ManagerI am delighted to have joined the Oakland Care family as Senior Client Relations Manager for Birchwood Heights and Maplewood Court. My experience in the role goes back 11 years now, including the commissioning of a new care home. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than assisting families to explore full time care options, whilst sharing insights during what is often a stressful time for them. Outside of work, my biggest passion has always been travel, which hopefully will become easier again in the fullness of time!
Client Relationship AssistantAfter working in retail for six and a half years to ensure I was around to raise my two girls, it was time to change and start a new career for myself. I moved to the care sector, and in the few short weeks I have been here, I realise maybe I should have moved a lot sooner, as this, apart from having my girls, is probably the most rewarding thing I've done. Ensuring the residents have a smile on their faces makes my day. When I joined Oakland Care, I was instantly welcomed to the family, and I love coming to work every day. Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my family and going on holidays.