At Oakland Care, we respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship that we have with you. We use several cookies across our website to provide you with the best browsing experience.
What Are Cookies?
- Optimising the performance and user experience of our site
- To provide analytics
- To collect information about pages that are being frequently visited
- To store preferences and to see the links visitors follow or don’t follow
The Cookies We Set
There are ‘first party’ and ‘third party’ cookies. First-party cookies are set by the website visited by the user. The data collected using first-party cookies is used for calculating pageviews, sessions, and number of users. Cookies that are used for advertising such as display advertising (such as Facebook) are known as ‘third party’ cookies. Below are some of the cookies that we set:
- Email newsletter and brochure related cookies
- This site offers email newsletters and downloadable care home brochures. Cookies may be used to remember your details when you fill in the registration form and notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users
- Forms related cookies
- When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence
- Site preferences cookies
- In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page and your preferences are shown.
Third Party Cookies
Our site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site, downloaded content and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we provide a service it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site lead to a conversion, and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can monitor our marketing efforts and ensure we our providing the best service to you or your loved one.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.