All new residents are tested for Covid-19 on admission to reduce self-isolation in our homes.
In this document, ‘Oakland Care’ refers to all care businesses managed at our Head Office at IG2 7JY, and include (but are not limited to) Woodland Grove Care Home, Hastings Court Care Home, and Beechwood Grove Care Home and Lambwood Heights Care Home.
What personal information do we collect?
‘We’ or ‘Us’ below refers to ‘Oakland Care’, and ‘You’ refers to our Enquirers. The Enquirer may be the potential resident themselves, or a family member or friend enquiring on their behalf.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, address, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
We collect and process a range of information about you. This includes:
- Your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number, date of birth and gender;
- The terms and conditions of your potential contract with us;
- Information about your marital status, next of kin, dependants and emergency contacts;
- Information about your nationality and entitlement to live in the UK;
- Details of your day to day living habits, including appointments, social preferences, likes and dislikes;
- Assessments and ongoing treatment requirements for any medical and health conditions, including both physical and mental health;
- Social or cultural preferences or characteristics including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health and religion or belief;
- Your financial situation including funding sources for your potential contract with us.
We assume you are ok with this, as you have approached us and given us your details in order for us to process your enquiry.
How do we obtain your personal information?
We may obtain your personal information either through an initial enquiry about our services made by you or someone on your behalf, through direct contact with you or your representatives during the course of assessment or tours of the home, or from a third party such as the NHS or other health service that we would liaise with to compile the information we need to provide you with our service.
What are the legal grounds for us processing your personal information?
Oakland Care needs to process data to prepare to enter into a service contract with you and to meet its obligations under this future service contract. Some personal data we hold is ‘special category data’, such as information about health or medical conditions. This special category data is also processed on the basis that we need to do so in order to fulfil our contract with you.
Oakland Care also has a legitimate interest in processing personal data before, during and after the end of the enquiry relationship. Processing this data allows Oakland Care to:
- Contact you regarding the progress of your enquiry or to keep you informed of services at our Home that may be of interest to you
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and contract details
- Ensure effective general operations management and business administration
- Respond to and defend against legal claims.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect in various ways, including:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalise, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop features and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our care homes, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website
- Marketing and retargeting campaigns for promotional purposes
Where do we store this information?
We store your information on a database program accessed by our administration teams, and in some cases in emails or attachments if sent as part of the correspondence for your enquiry. We have paper records of enquiry forms and assessment records will be on paper or on the database systems.
In order to access the information ourselves or provide details to statutory authorities, we keep information for 18 months after the date of your initial enquiry.
Who do we share this information with?
Your information will be shared internally, including with members of the operations and finance team, managers and administrators, and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for performance of their roles.
We may discuss your admission with external health care providers such as the NHS of where you have come from a hospital stay or similar. Oakland Care will not transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
Your Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- You have the right to request copies of your personal data
- You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete
- You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
If your personal information changes at any time please let us know so that we can update our records. You can let us know directly at the Care Home or by writing to our Privacy Officer at the Head Office address below.
Get in touch
If you have any questions regarding this Fair Processing Notice, wish to contact our Privacy Officer, or wish to exercise any of your rights under GDPR, please contact us at the address below:
Oakland Care LTD
Tel: 0208 5183675
We do hope we can always assist you to exercise your rights and give you any information you request, and have the right to receive. However, if you ever feel you need to pursue a data privacy complaint further, you can contact the Information Commissioners office at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.